Gillette Heritage Double Edge Shaving Razor Kit For Men
- Stainless steel single blade delivers a clean, close shave and resists rust
- Twist top releases plate to load blade
- Closed comb design is less aggressive than an open comb safety razor allowing for better control during the shave
- A premium, chrome-plated handle brings a historic design to your daily shave
- Handle measures 3 inches in length and weighs 1.04 ounces
- Caution: Remove Blade from Cap, Guard if storing in the travel case. Rinse, do not wipe blades
The first double-edged or safety razors were Manufactured by King C Gillette in 1901. Inspired by the original 1929 Gillette Double-edge Razor, today’s Gillette Double-edge Razor features all-metal construction in a classic chrome finish, A closed comb design as well as a stylish handle with micro engraving for improved grip. This classic 3-piece razor set comes in a handsome brown case with rich brown interior lining and 5 Gillette Platinum double-edge safety razor blades. The perfect gift for fans of timeless design, or simply to elevate your own everyday shave.
Gillette Heritage Inspired Double Edge Safety Razor
A closed comb design as well as a stylish handle with micro engraving for improved grip.
Stainless Steel Blade
5 x Stainless steel double edge blades deliver a clean, close shave.
This classic 3-piece razor set comes in a handsome brown case with a rich brown interior lining.
CAUTION: Remove Blade from Cap/Guard (Head) if stored in the travel case.
- Chrome Plated handle brings a historic design to your daily shave.
- Micro engraving for improved grip.
- Handle made in the USA.
Additional razor information
- Twist Top releases plate to load blade.
- Closed comb design for better control.
- Modern closed comb design is less aggressive than older open comb designs.
- Cap/Guard made in Germany.
Additional razor information
- Stainless steel blades.
- Resists rust.
- Blades made in Russia.
- Rinse, do not wipe blades.
Is this a true Gillette Razor?
Yes, this is the first Double Edge razor set sold by Gillette in the US since the late 1980s. In 1901, King C. Gillette altered the shaving experience forever with the invention of the first safety razor. Now, more than a century later, Gillette is celebrating the holiday season by releasing the Gillette Heritage Inspired Double Edge Safety Razor. This premium 3-piece razor set is inspired by the original 1929 Gillette double edge razor and is the perfect gift for those looking to elevate their shaving experience.
Will there be any re-issues of previously released models (like the Superspeed)?
At this time there are no plans to re-issue any previously released double edge safety razor models. This is currently the first Double Edge razor set sold by Gillette in the US since the late 1980s.
Will the new razor have the classic date code etched on the bottom of the razor head like vintage models?
The Gillette Heritage Inspired Double Edge Razor does not contain a date code on it.
Why wasn’t a “classic” design like the twist-to-open Superspeed used?
This specific razor is simply inspired by the original 1929 Gillette double edge razor. The Gillette Heritage Inspired Double Edge Razor features a premium chrome-plated handle inspired by the classic Bar handle and brings a historic design to your daily shave.
Where is the razor manufactured?
The blades are manufactured in Russia, the handle is made in the USA and the cap guard is made in Germany.
What materials is the razor made out of?
The blades are stainless steel and the handle is a chrome-plated alloy.
1. Prepare the skin by taking a warm shower followed by a pre-shave oil.
2. Lather up with your favorite shave cream.
3. Place the razor perpendicular to the face, allowing the curved top of the razor head to contact the skin.
4. Slowly lower the razor handle to the proper 30-degree shaving angle.
5. Hold the skin taut by using your free hand to stretch the skin away from the direction you are shaving.
6. Hold the razor firmly in your hand to guide the direction of the shave without pressing too hard. The weight of the razor should be sufficient pressure.
7. Begin your shave by shaving with the grain, using short choppy strokes. Rotate the side of the blade after every stroke then rinse blades once both sides have been used.
8. The coarser and thicker your hair, the shorter and choppier the strokes will need to be. Always use short, choppy strokes when shaving the jawline and chin areas.
9. If needed, re-lather and shave lightly across or against the grain. Rinse with cool water.
- Brand: Gillette
- Style: Handle + 5 Refills + Case
- Item Weight: 0.18 Pounds
- Item Dimensions LxWxH: 2.09 x 4.72 x 1.26 inches
- Handle Material: Metal